Fake currency racket busted in Madhya PradeshApril 9th, 2008 - 3:44 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, April 9 (IANS) An inter-state gang involved in printing of fake currency has been busted here, the police said Wednesday. The police on a tip-off Tuesday evening raided a house in Parwalia village on the outskirts of the state capital and arrested four people.
Thirty fake currency notes of Rs.500 denomination and material for printing counterfeit currency were seized, the police claimed.
Pieces of paper cut to the size of Rs.500 currency notes and photocopies of the original notes were also seized.
The four men arrested were in the process of setting up a unit to print fake currency, the police alleged. They were identified as Jeetu, 41, Giriraj, 25, Aabad, 22, and Shaitan Singh, 35.
The police said they had fled from Rajasthan and planned to set up their base in Madhya Pradesh.
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012
- Counterfeit currency: Former defence official arrested - Jun 13, 2011
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Fake currency racket busted in Kolkata, four held - Jun 11, 2010
- Fake currency notes racket busted in Bangalore - Jul 16, 2010
- Fake currency with face value of Rs.1.5 crore seized - Jun 07, 2011
- Fake Indian currency recovered, three held - Mar 18, 2012
- Counterfeit currency seized in Punjab - Jul 10, 2011
- Two held with fake currency - Mar 15, 2011
- Three held for circulating fake currency (Lead) - Apr 03, 2010
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Five held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 07, 2010
- Fake currency of Rs.4.5 lakh face value seized in Punjab - Jan 20, 2011
- Two held in Himachal, fake currency seized - Oct 11, 2010
- Bangladeshi held with photocopy of Indian passport in Meghalaya - May 13, 2012