Fake bomb causes panic in Himachal Pradesh villageDecember 11th, 2008 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 11 (IANS) Panic gripped a Himachal Pradesh village in Sirmaur district for over four hours Thursday morning over the recovery of a bomb-like object, police said. “We recovered an abandoned article that looks like a bomb at Nihalgarh village near Paonta Sahib Thursday. It was attached with the shutter of a shop in the main market,” Sirmaur Additional Superintendent of Police Rani Bindhu Sachdeva told IANS.
She said a bomb-disposal squad was summoned, which found it to be a dummy bomb.
“The fake bomb contained fire-crackers, a defused battery, some wires and a defective condenser in a bottle that was neatly packed,” Sachdeva said.
She said initial investigations reveal that it was the work of some anti-social elements to trigger panic in the area.
- Three murders trigger protests in Himachal - Mar 24, 2011
- Heavy rains forecast in Himachal hills - Jul 07, 2011
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Himachal towns lashed by heavy rains - Jun 30, 2011
- Heavy rains likely in Himachal - Jun 26, 2011
- Four children killed in Himachal house callapse - Aug 17, 2011
- Tension in Himachal village over inter-caste marriage - Aug 13, 2010
- Second bomb scare in Delhi in five days (Third Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Eight washed away in Himachal - Jul 07, 2012
- 24 people hit by food poisoning in Himachal - Apr 06, 2011
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Two killed in fire-cracker stockpile blast - Sep 12, 2012
- One more body recovered in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Three more bodies recovered in Himachal disaster (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- No Lalu rockets, Nitish patakas this Diwali - Oct 24, 2011