Factory making fake wrappers of branded goods bustedMarch 19th, 2009 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 19 (IANS) The Ghaziabad police Thursday busted a factory manufacturing fake wrappers and packing materials of leading, branded consumer items, recovering a large quantity of the counterfeit material.
Acting on a tip-off by a private detective agency - Pinkerton Consultants & Investigating (India) Private Limited - the police raided the Noble Packaging Factory at plot 30 of the Rajendra Nagar Industrial Area.
Though the factory owner, Gautam Datta, fled the spot, manager Ratna Jaina was questioned and three workers Raj Mangal, Pappu and Ajay taken into custody. Printed wrappers of prestigious brands like Tata Salt, MRF and Baba tobacco as well as leading detergent brands were recovered.
Superintendent of police (City) Anant Dev said a case was registered against the factory owner and the workers at Sahibabad police station. The accused made a huge sum of money by supplying wrappers to those manufacturing fake items and passing these off as genuine branded goods, he said.
The companies had engaged private detectives to nab such counterfeit manufacturers and following the complaint, the police raided this factory.
- Ghaziabad police bust fake medicine racket - May 26, 2009
- Police scale down seized fake money haul, say notes good quality - Jan 14, 2012
- Fake sauce factory busted in Maharashtra - Nov 18, 2011
- Spurious drugs racket busted in Haryana - Jul 15, 2011
- Made in India, faked in China -- $5-bn loss - Jan 01, 2012
- Fake ghee factory busted in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2009
- 400,000 counterfeit toys seized in Italy - Nov 11, 2010
- 7 workers injured in factory accident - Dec 10, 2011
- Fake currency unit busted in Bihar - Apr 26, 2011
- Illicit liquor manufacturing unit unearthed, six held - Feb 05, 2011
- Fake drug unit busted in Bhopal, owner held - Dec 30, 2009
- Gang supplying arms to Maoists busted (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Over 80 fall sick after consuming special flour - Mar 04, 2011