Facebook to launch own app storeMay 10th, 2012 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 10 (IANS) Facebook has created its own App Centre, in which the social networking website will showcase the best apps across internet and on all mobile platforms.
The App Centre will be rolled out in a few weeks, the Telegraph reported.
The social network, which now has more than 900 million members, will also sell its own apps through the store.
The daily said the App Centre will also encourage more developers to create paid-for apps for Facebook.com.
“For the over 900 million people that use Facebook, the App Centre will become the new, central place to find great apps like Draw Something, Pinterest, Spotify, Battle Pirates, Viddy, and Bubble Witch Saga,” said Facebook engineer Aaron Brady on the company blog.
“Everything has an app detail page, which helps people see what makes an app unique and lets them install it before going to an app.”
“Well-designed apps that people enjoy will be prominently displayed. Apps that receive poor user ratings or don’t meet the quality guidelines won’t be listed,” he said.
- Google buys Instagram rival Snapseed - Sep 18, 2012
- Facebook to buy Instagram for $1 bn - Apr 10, 2012
- Ganesha, Hanuman on an island - only in Facebook's Karma Kingdom - Aug 03, 2011
- Facebook smartphone to be 'released next year' - May 28, 2012
- Facebook, Apple may be balkanising the web - Apr 16, 2012
- Lady Gaga launches her social networking site LittleMonsters.com - Feb 10, 2012
- Google acquires Nik Software - Sep 18, 2012
- Facebook buys Instagram for $1 bn (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Facebook acquires Instagram for $1 billion - Apr 10, 2012
- Experts devise 'defence' against Facebook spying - Dec 05, 2011
- Facebook launches new messaging system - Nov 16, 2010
- Facebook's E-Mail Service is Expected on Monday - Nov 13, 2010
- Social networking may promote alcohol use - Dec 13, 2011
- Facebook open to partnerships: Carolyn Everson - Mar 14, 2012
- 'The Social Network' storms national board of review - Dec 04, 2010