F1 circuit drive ‘terrorised’ Dale SteynApril 10th, 2012 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, April 10 (IANS) South African speedster Dale Steyn creates the fear of god whenever he runs in at a batsman. But the World’s No.1 Test bowler was at the receiving end Tuesday when he zoomed around the Buddh International Circuit in a Mercedes SUV touching speeds of 200 kmph - and he confessed it was a rather terrorising experience.
“It was crazy. When the driver was turning at 150 kmph, I almost crapped in my pants,” said Steyn drawing laughter from the reporters present at the promotional event.
Steyn, who is playing for the Deccan Chargers in the Indian Premier League, experienced the thrill of driving on a Formula One track with his Hyderabad captain Kumar Sangakkara and teammates Shikhar Dhawan, Parthiv Patel and J.P. Duminy.
Steyn was first taken for a ride on the 5.1 km track but he took the wheels towards the end.
“I thank the Jaypee Group for inviting us here. I would not have been on a F1 track otherwise,” he added.
Sri Lanka batsman Sangakkara too felt the heat and said he was delighted the visit the circuit he heard so much about.
“As Steyno (Dale) said, it was not really easy on the stomach going into the turns with so much speed. It is amazing how F1 drivers run the machine at 320 kmph.
“Back in Sri Lanka, we all were really excited about the inaugural Indian Grand Prix last year. So, to be driven around here is a special experience. It is a fantastic facility and it was great to have been invited here,” the Southpaw added.
- F1 Indian Grand Prix will make overtaking easier - Apr 25, 2011
- Buddh Circuit to host Superbike World Championship in 2013 - Jun 09, 2012
- Scoreboard: Deccan Chargers vs. Delhi Daredevils, IPL - Apr 19, 2012
- Deccan opt to bat against Pune Warriors - May 01, 2012
- Mumbai Indians beat Deccan Chargers by five wickets (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Learn the art of speed on F1 race track - Oct 03, 2011
- IPL Scoreboard: Deccan Chargers vs Delhi Daredevils - May 06, 2011
- India major market for motor sports: GT1 boss - Mar 02, 2012
- Global award for Buddh International Circuit - Nov 17, 2011
- Royals chase down 197 to beat winless Chargers - Apr 17, 2012
- Soon, test your car's horsepower without fear of speeding ticket - Sep 28, 2011
- IPL scoreboard: Deccan Chargers vs Pune Warriors - May 10, 2011
- Deccan Chargers opt to bat against Rajasthan Royals - Apr 17, 2012
- Deccan Chargers opt to bat against Delhi Daredevils - Apr 19, 2012
- Karthikeyan trying to get a race before Indian GP - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: batsman, chargers, dale steyn, deccan, f1 circuit, f1 drivers, fear of god, formula one, grand prix, jaypee group, kmph, laughter, parthiv patel, premier league, sangakkara, southpaw, speedster, stomach, teammates, test bowler