Extreme cold continues in HimachalJanuary 20th, 2012 - 12:30 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 20 (IANS) There was no respite from the extreme cold in Himachal Pradesh Friday with people in the mid and high hills suffering in the sub-zero temperatures. This state capital had mild snowfall and recorded a low of minus 1.9 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperature of the town these days is around 5 degrees, four degrees below average.
Kalpa saw a low of minus 6 degrees, while it was minus 2.4 degrees in Manali and 2.1 degrees in Dharamsala, an official of the meteorological office here told IANS.
Kalpa and Manali saw 4.4 cm and 2.5 cm of snow respectively in the past one day.
The met office said the skies would be cloudy across the state with a mild spell of rain or snow in some parts.
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- Manali freezes at minus 7 degrees - Jan 10, 2012
- Manali wrapped up in white blanket - Dec 10, 2011
- Mercury plummets across Himachal Pradesh - Jan 21, 2012
- Himachal shivers, Shimla has season's coldest night - Jan 06, 2012
- Himachal's snowy peaks pull in tourists - Dec 12, 2011
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Shimla slightly warm but cold persists in Himachal - Dec 28, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Himachal in line for more snow (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- More snow in Manali, Kalpa and higher reaches of Himachal - Jan 26, 2012
- Head to Himachal hills for a white V-Day - Feb 12, 2012
- Fresh snow in Himachal, cold wave unabated - Feb 04, 2012
- Sunny but chilly in Himachal - Jan 23, 2012