External force trying to take away Balochistan: Rehman MalikFebruary 11th, 2012 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 11 (IANS) Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that some “external powers” were conspiring to detach the Balochistan province from Pakistan by creating a volatile situation there.
Malik told the Senate Friday that the army and the paramilitary Frontier Corps were not guilty of abducting and killing people in the province, the Dawn reported Saturday.
He said that around 49,000 paramilitary and 2,000 coast guard personnel have been deployed in the province at a cost of 15 billion Pakistani rupees.
The federal government was committed to equipping security personnel with the latest equipment to enhance their capabilities to defend the country and its people, Malik said.
- Strike over attack on family of Pakistan politician - Feb 04, 2012
- Five Pakistani paramilitary men killed - Jan 26, 2012
- Anti-Terrorism Amendment Bill 2010 tabled in Pak Senate - Jul 27, 2010
- Malik proposes parliamentary committee to probe Shahzain Bugti's arrest - Dec 30, 2010
- Pakistan beefs up security to check terror - Sep 05, 2011
- Conspiracy against Balochistan being planned in Afghanistan: Malik - Apr 25, 2011
- Not aware of chief justice's son's case: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistan has permanently stopped NATO supply: Minister - Nov 28, 2011
- Pakistan to freeze assets of Balochistan militants - Sep 08, 2010
- 15 killed in Pakistan's Quetta city blast - Dec 31, 2011
- `No new cantonments in Balochistan as people don't want it' - Apr 19, 2011
- Top Pakistani Taliban leadership eliminated: Malik - Jun 26, 2012
- Pak to launch Malakand like crackdown on terror outfits in Balochistan: Malik - Sep 08, 2010
- No new cantonments in Balochistan, says Kayani (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- No delay in liberlising visa regime: Pakistani envoy - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,