Expose fake Himachal colleges, court tells CBI (Lead)August 9th, 2011 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 9 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh High Court Tuesday directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to reveal names of all educational institutions in the state which secured recognition based on fake documents.
The court was hearing a petition alleging that a private institute in the state got recognition to conduct educational courses from the National Council for Teacher Education on the basis of fake documents.
The division bench comprising Chief Justice Kurian Joseph and Justice Sanjay Karol directed the CBI to conduct an inquiry and find out how many educational institutions which securede recognition using fake documents were working in the state.
“Submit a report in sealed cover to the court within three months that how many educational institutions that procured no-objection certificate or got clearance from central regulating agencies like the NCTE on the basis of false representations,” the court directed the CBI.
On the petition of a retired government college principal from Kangra district, the CBI has registered a case against Ajit Singh Rana, the then regional director of NCTE in Rajasthan’s Jaipur.
The petition alleged that Rana abused his official position while granting recognition to a college in the district in 2007-08.
The court directed the CBI and the state’s vigilance department and the anti-corruption bureau to conduct probe in a coordinated manner so that there was no conflict between the agencies.
The judges said, “It is open for the CBI to take appropriate action under law on the basis of its investigation and it should not wait for the permission of the court to take appropriate action in accordance with law”.
- Expose fake Himachal colleges, court tells CBI (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Court tells CBI to reveal names of fake institutions - Aug 09, 2011
- Himachal court orders CBI probe into man's death - Aug 24, 2011
- You should not exist, court tells teacher education regulator (Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
- Supreme Court pulls up Maharashtra's training institutions - May 21, 2011
- Court seeks details on illegal recognition of private colleges - Jul 20, 2010
- Assault of minors: Himachal court pulls up police - Sep 27, 2011
- Virbhadra CD case: Witness moves court against prosecution - Apr 04, 2011
- Court gives interim relief to self-financed colleges - May 04, 2010
- Virbhadra graft case: Court reserves order - Jan 05, 2012
- You should not exist, court tells teacher education regulator - Jul 21, 2010
- Corruption case: Virbhadra Singh asked to appear in court - Oct 23, 2010
- Make Himachal college's building operational: Court - Aug 02, 2011
- SC rejects Gujarat's plea to review Prajapati shootout order - Jul 13, 2012
- SC asks CBI to probe if Yeddyurappa kin got kickbacks (Lead) - May 11, 2012
Tags: ajit singh, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief justice, college principal, corruption bureau, division bench, educational courses, educational institutions, fake documents, false representations, government college, kangra district, kurian, national council for teacher education, ncte, objection certificate, private institute, regional director, sanjay