Export Credit Guarantee Corp ties up with Lakshmi Vilas BankAugust 28th, 2008 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 28 (IANS) The state-run Export Credit Guarantee Corp of India Ltd (ECGC) has entered into a bancassurance agreement with Lakshmi Vilas Bank for distribution of export credit insurance products, a top official said Thursday. “Exporters can insure their domestic receivables and banks can protect their working capital finance granted against such receivables under separate insurance covers,” ECGC chairman and managing director A.V. Muralidharan said after signing the deal in Karur, Tamil Nadu.
According to the agreement, LVB will sell ECGC’s export credit insurance products to its clients across its branches.
Muralidharan said ECGC was widening its marketing channels through bank assurance partnerships.
The bank’s corporate agency agreement with ECGC would be beneficial for the exporter customers, who would get insurance protection against payment risks under various ECGC policies at the bank branches itself, said LVB managing director and chief executive V.S. Reddy.
This arrangement will result in customer convenience and debt protection, he added.
- India extends long-term credit to developing countries - Apr 06, 2011
- Open architecture bancassurance model needed: Survey - Jul 08, 2010
- Reliance Life Insurance in talk with banks for tie-up - Aug 19, 2012
- Reliance Life looks to next big steps in ties with Nippon - Oct 09, 2011
- Export cargo to now get transit insurance cover - May 16, 2008
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank awaits shareholders' nod for fund raising - Aug 09, 2008
- BankMuscat goes online with Nucleus software product - Oct 08, 2011
- CBI unearths Rs.1400 crore scam by jewellery traders (Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- Federal Bank to open 100 branches in a single day - Mar 06, 2012
- 30 bank branches, 40 ATMs opened on a single day - Oct 15, 2010
- Reliance Capital ties up with Indian Overseas Bank - Sep 13, 2012
- Shriram Life to tap clients of group companies - Jan 12, 2011
- U.S. federal regulators close First International Bank in Texas - Oct 01, 2011
- U.S. federal regulators close 5 banks in 4 states - Apr 28, 2012
- Anand Sharma launches product to promote project exports from India - Apr 06, 2011