Explosives seized in OdishaFebruary 8th, 2012 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 7 (IANS) A cache of explosives, including several detonators and gelatin sticks, was seized during a raid in the forested area of Odisha’s Malkangiri district, police said.
About 12 detonators, seven gelatin sticks, some quantity of wires, and other materials used to trigger land mine blasts were seized from the Tekguda forest area within the Kalimela police station jurisdiction, about 650 km from Bhubaneswar, police said.
The raid was conducted by a joint team of Border Security Force (BSF) troopers and anti-Maoist Special Operation Group (SOG), a senior district police officer told IANS.
The team also found some Maoist literatures at the site, said the official, adding there was no Maoist at the site.
Malkangiri is considered a Maoist stronghold.
- Security forces unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Sep 11, 2012
- Maoist camp busted, arms seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Police recover Maoist arms, explosives - Dec 13, 2011
- Two Maoists held in Odisha - Jan 28, 2012
- Police unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Jul 18, 2012
- BSF trooper killed in Odisha mine blast (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Maoists blow up BSF vehicle in Odisha, four killed - Feb 10, 2012
- Maoists kill Odisha villager - Jul 07, 2012
- Maoists torch excavator in Odisha - Jul 20, 2012
- Woman Maoist killed in Orissa gun fight (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Maoists torch construction equipments in Odisha - Jul 10, 2012
- Maoist leader held in Odisha - Feb 28, 2012
- BSF trooper hurt in Odisha mine blast - Sep 01, 2012
- Detonators, gelatin sticks seized in Jharkhand - Jun 08, 2012
- Four BSF officers killed in Maoist blast (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: bhubaneswar, blasts, border security force, detonators, district police, explosives, forest area, forested area, jurisdiction, literatures, maoist, odisha, operation group, police officer, police station, stronghold