Explosives seized from Nagpur railway stationMay 8th, 2010 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur (Maharashtra), May 8 (IANS) A cache of gelatin sticks and detonators were seized from the Nagpur railway station Saturday and one person arrested, a police official said.
“We found the 80 gelatin sticks and detonators from the platform No.4 at the Nagpur railway station,” Government Railway Police inspector L. R. Nenave told IANS.
Nenave declined to reveal the identity of the arrested person, only saying he hails from Aamgaon village in the state’s Gondia district, around 200 km from here, which is in the thick of the Maoist territory.
Official sources said that although the quantity of the seized explosives is not very large, the matter is being probed deeply and seriously in view of several local factors.
The second capital of Maharashtra, Nagpur is the headquarters of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and the hometown of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari.
- Detonators, gelatin sticks seized in Jharkhand - Jun 08, 2012
- Explosives seized in Odisha - Feb 08, 2012
- Explosives seized in Madhya Pradesh, no terror link - Oct 16, 2011
- Two Nepalis arrested with detonators, gelatin rods - Feb 25, 2011
- Arms, explosives seized from Pune businessman - Sep 18, 2011
- Three arms smugglers held, weapons seized in Bengal - Mar 12, 2011
- RSS apex body meets in Puttur in Karnataka - Mar 11, 2011
- Linking RSS to terror is ridiculous, says Gadkari - Jan 11, 2011
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- RSS, BJP deny differences on Advani yatra - Sep 21, 2011
- Huge consignment of mining explosives seized - Jan 15, 2011
- Five arrested with explosives in Maoist-affected area - Jan 31, 2011
- Huge haul of explosives in Hyderabad - Jul 19, 2011
- Huge explosives haul recovered in Maoist hub - Nov 14, 2011
- 1 killed in Adani power plant accident in Maharashtra - May 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,