Explosives-laden truck hijacked, recovered in JharkhandJune 9th, 2012 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 9 (IANS) A hijacked truck laden with explosives was recovered in Jharkhand’s Hazaribagh district Saturday afternoon, police said. Two people have been arrested.
According to police, the truck was hijacked early morning on the border of Bokaro and Hazaribagh district. It was later recovered from Vishnugarh forested area.
It was carrying around 1,500 kg of explosives and going from Gomia in Bokaro district to Assam.
The driver and his assistant were forced to leave the truck by armed assailants, following which an alert was sounded in Bokaro, Hazaribagh and Giridih districts.
In the past, two trucks carrying explosives were hijacked by suspected Maoists.
- Maoists blast tracks, torch vehicles, in Jharkhand - Dec 04, 2011
- 80 bags of ammonium nitrate seized in Jharkhand - Sep 10, 2011
- Three Maoists killed in Jharkhand gunfight - Jan 09, 2011
- 17 landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Aug 09, 2011
- Weapons recovered, Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Mar 11, 2010
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Landmine recovered in Jharkhand - Dec 23, 2010
- Landmine recovered, truck torched in Jharkhand - Jun 03, 2011
- Five Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 04, 2010
- Maoist torch three coal trucks - Jun 15, 2011
- Police arrest top Maoists leader in Jharkhand's Gomia area - Aug 08, 2010
- Seven Maoists arrested, landmine recovered - Mar 03, 2012
- Five Maoists killed in Jharkhand - Mar 15, 2011
- Policeman shoots dead two colleagues in Jharkhand - Sep 28, 2010
- Six killed in Jharkhand accident - Oct 29, 2011