Explosives found in abandoned car in ChhattisgarhJuly 14th, 2011 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 14 (IANS) Bags filled with explosive ammonium nitrate and detonators were found in an abandoned car in Chhattisgarh’s Bilaspur district Thursday, police said.
A police patrol spotted the vehicle in Masturi area in Bilaspur district, some 150 km from Raipur, and found bags of the chemical and bundles of detonator sticks, officials here at police headquarters told IANS.
“We have launched a probe into the recovery of explosives and the owner of the vehicle has been traced,” said a police official who is part of the probe team but refused to give details.
A red alert has been sounded in the state after serial blasts hit India’s financial capital Mumbai Wednesday evening, leaving 17 people dead and 131 injured.
Police squads in Raipur and industrial towns of Bhilai, Raigarh and Korba carried out searches at railway stations, bus stands and hotels after the state government asked the police department to step up search drives at public places in the wake of the Mumbai terror attacks.
- Chhattisgarh owner of car ferrying explosives traced - Jul 16, 2011
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Jun 14, 2011
- Fertilizer bags seized from Chhattisgarh farmers - Oct 16, 2010
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Feb 26, 2011
- 7 tonnes ammonium nitrate, detonators seized in Maharahstra - Dec 18, 2010
- Chhattisgarh supports Anna, 80 court arrest (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- 80 bags of ammonium nitrate seized in Jharkhand - Sep 10, 2011
- Traders, students join Anna's protest in Chhattisgarh - Aug 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh shutdown against hiked excise duty on gold - Mar 30, 2012
- Shutdown in Chhattisgarh against Ramdev's eviction - Jun 08, 2011
- IVRCL arm bags Rs.1,300 crore highway project - Jan 30, 2012
- Maoists loot 16 tonnes of ammonium nitrate - May 20, 2010
- Seven bonded labourers rescued - Aug 21, 2010
- Five killed in Chhattisgarh power plant accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Man held with explosives, may have Maoist links - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: ammonium nitrate, bhilai, bilaspur district, chhattisgarh raipur, explosives, july 14, korba, mumbai, police headquarters, police official, police patrol, probe team, raigarh, railway stations, red alert, search drives, serial blasts, state government, terror attacks, wednesday evening