Explosive substances near rail track diffusedAugust 23rd, 2012 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kottayam, Aug 23 (IANS) Experts Thursday diffused explosive substances including a detonator found in a tiffin box near a railway track about 30 km from here in Kerala, police said.
Kottayam Superintendent of Police C. Rajagopal told reporters here that what was found cannot be termed a bomb but it contained explosive substances.
“A detonator was placed in a pipe and kept in a steel tiffin box which also had ammonium nitrate. Only after detailed scientific examination can more details be revealed on the nature of the substance,” he said.
Alert railway officials on a routine checking operation near Veloor spotted the box.
Train traffic between Kottayam and Ernakulam was halted after the discovery.
- Explosives found in abandoned car in Chhattisgarh - Jul 14, 2011
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Jun 14, 2011
- 7 tonnes ammonium nitrate, detonators seized in Maharahstra - Dec 18, 2010
- Fertiliser bomb fears persist despite ammonium nitrate ban - Aug 09, 2011
- 80 bags of ammonium nitrate seized in Jharkhand - Sep 10, 2011
- Arms, explosives seized from Pune businessman - Sep 18, 2011
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Feb 26, 2011
- Chhattisgarh owner of car ferrying explosives traced - Jul 16, 2011
- Man held with explosives, may have Maoist links - Sep 20, 2011
- Ammonium nitrate control must be flexible: BJP MP - Oct 07, 2011
- Four explosives recovered, two held in Assam - Jan 25, 2012
- Arms recovered from Maoist hideout in Bihar - Oct 20, 2010
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Explosives seized in Bihar's Munger District - Aug 29, 2010