Explosion jolts Philippine marketSeptember 14th, 2008 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Sep 14 (Xinhua) An explosion, suspected to have been engineered by Islamist radicals, rocked a public market in a southern Philippine town Sunday but there was no immediate report of casualty, local media said. The blast, possibly caused by an improvised explosive device, occurred at a time when the Kiamba town market was almost closed for mid-day recess, GMA News network said quoting the mayor.
Authorities suspected the blast was planned by members of the radical Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), the country’s largest Muslim insurgent group.
The government has recently stepped up offensives against the MILF after peace talks broke down last month.
- Rebels kill eight in Philippines - Apr 04, 2011
- Eight rebels killed in Philippine military air strike - Mar 02, 2009
- Three killed in Philippines jail gunfight - Feb 20, 2012
- Two security personnel injured in Imphal blast - Sep 05, 2012
- Two killed, dozens injured in Philippines twin blasts - Dec 18, 2008
- Mayor shot at in the Philippines - Feb 05, 2012
- Eleven Muslim rebels killed in the Philippines - Jun 08, 2009
- Two killed, dozens injured in Philippine blast - Jul 07, 2009
- Philippine massacre suspect blames Muslim rebels for carnage - Nov 27, 2009
- Three government anti-drug agents killed in Philippines - Apr 13, 2009
- Nigeria witnesses 11 more killings (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- NATO soldier killed in Afghanistan - Sep 03, 2012
- Seven soldiers killed in Philippine clashes - Sep 30, 2008
- Obama sends letter to Philippines Muslim rebel leader - Nov 14, 2009
- 31 killed in blast near militant base in Pakistan (Fourth Lead) - Feb 19, 2010