Explosion in Colombo, 25 woundedAugust 30th, 2008 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, Aug 30 (IANS) At least 25 people were injured in an explosion near a shop in the heart of the Sri Lankan capital Saturday morning. According to police sources, the explosion occurred at Olcott Mawatha in Colombo Fort area.
Director Accidental Service of the Colombo National Hospital Anil Jayasinghe said that at least 25 wounded people have been admitted to the hospital.
“So far 25 wounded people, most of them adults, have been admitted to the hospital from the blast site. Some of the wounded are in serious condition,” Jayasinghe said.
The police and military personnel have cordoned off the area to carry out a search.
- 44 wounded in Colombo explosion (Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Seven killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- LTTE blast in Colombo wounds 44 (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2008
- Sri Lanka lowers blast toll to 25 (Roundup) - Sep 17, 2010
- Twenty killed, forty injured in Mardan Cantonment suicide blast - Feb 10, 2011
- 25 killed, over 50 hurt in suicide blast at funeral in northwest Pakistan - Mar 09, 2011
- Three killed in Nepal bombing - Feb 27, 2012
- Two wounded in Jammu scrap shop blast - Jul 31, 2012
- 25 killed in Pakistan suicide blast (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Suspected car bomb kills 3 in Turkish capital - Sep 20, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills five Iraqi soldiers - Aug 03, 2012
- 13 killed in suicide blast in Lahore Shiite procession (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- 15 killed in suicide blasts targeting Shiites in Lahore, Karachi (Third Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- 12 killed in Iraq car bombings - Jan 16, 2012
- One killed, several wounded in Peshawar blast - Apr 19, 2010