Explosion caused by firecrackers in Lucknow district court (Lead)November 14th, 2008 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 14 (IANS) An explosion caused by firecrackers in the district court premises caused panic here Friday. No casualties were reported, the police said.”Firecrackers caused the explosion. Labels of a cracker manufacturing unit, Sivakasi, have been recovered from the site,” district police chief Akhil Kumar told IANS.
There is nothing to worry. The incident has nothing to do with any terror attack, he added.
According to police officials, the incident was suspected to be the handiwork of a group of lawyers who wanted to disrupt the court activities.
The explosion took place about 11.45 a.m. in a bathroom, near the office of the district judge.
- Low-intensity blast in Lucknow district court - Nov 15, 2008
- Six arrested for Sivakasi fire tragedy - Sep 06, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Third Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Cracker blast at Gorakhnath temple raises security concerns - Sep 26, 2011
- Two killed in fire-cracker stockpile blast - Sep 12, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Another low-intensity blast in Lucknow district court (Lead) - Nov 15, 2008
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sivakasi cracker business roars to life before Diwali - Oct 26, 2010
- Blast in Assam refinery, ULFA claims responsibility (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- 237 lives lost in cracker unit accidents in Sivakasi - Sep 05, 2012
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- Firecrackers go green this Diwali - Oct 23, 2011