Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spotAugust 28th, 2012 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 28 (IANS) A forensic expert told a special court here Tuesday that he did not remember the number of times he visited the crime spot of the 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj double-murder, a lawyer said.
Central Forensic Science Laboratory scientist B.K. Mahapatra, during his cross-examination, said he did not remember the name of the leader of their team that visited the crime spot or the number of members in the team, said defence lawyer Manoj Shishodia.
The cross-examination of the scientist was held for the sixth day before Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S. Lal, who adjourned the proceedings till Wednesday, the lawyer said.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj, teen Aarushi’s domestic help, was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
The CBI submitted that Mahapatra along with other 12 team members visited the crime spot three times June 1, June 16 and Sep 23, 2008.
On Sep 23, 2008, Mahapatra was specifically sent to lift blood samples from the room of Hemraj, teen Aarushi’s domestic help, the CBI said.
Shishodia claimed Mahapatra could not reply to the defence questions as to which was Hemraj’s room.
Teen Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar and mother Nupur Talwar are accused in the double- murder.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30 and she challenged in the apex court the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her bail plea. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Her husband is out on bail.
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's plea rejected - Aug 23, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- No blood stains seen on Rajesh Talwar's dress: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Witness talks of golf clubs used in crime - Sep 18, 2012
- CBI dictated my statement: Aarushi case witness - Sep 04, 2012
- CBI produces witnesses against Talwars - Jun 08, 2012