Expelled BJP MP’s house attacked in New DelhiJuly 24th, 2008 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) Members of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) youth wing Thursday attacked the house of expelled party MP Chandrabhan Singh in a high-security zone of the capital. The MP had abstained during the parliament trust vote. Police said the MP was in his North Avenue home - a stone’s throw from Parliament House, the President’s Estate and key central ministries - when it was attacked by about 60 members of the BJP youth wing.
Many MPs live in North Avenue in flats allotted by the government.
“They threw bricks at the house and broke window panes. One person has been arrested and security personnel have been deployed,” a police official said.
The MP from Damoh in Madhya Pradesh was expelled by the BJP for abstaining during the trust vote in parliament Tuesday.
- Advani, Rajnath conspiring to kill me: expelled BJP MP (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2008
- Advani, Rajnath conspiring to murder me: expelled BJP MP (Lead) - Jul 24, 2008
- BJP activists attack house of expelled parliamentarian for voting in favour of Government - Jul 24, 2008
- Cash-for-votes scam: Ex-BJP worker to be quizzed - Jul 19, 2011
- Cash-for-votes case: BJP MP likely to be quizzed - Jul 25, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, four others walk out of Tihar (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, two BJP former MPs walk out of Tihar - Nov 17, 2011
- Saxena, Hindustani's judicial custody extended - Aug 05, 2011
- Amar Singh to be questioned on cash-for-votes - Jul 20, 2011
- Vote count on for presidential poll (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Uproar in parliament over police crackdown on BJP workers - Aug 10, 2011
- Advani, Jaitley meet Kulkarni, ex-MPs in Tihar - Sep 28, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP Ashok Argal booked - Oct 03, 2011
- BJP's NCTC amendment defeated - Mar 19, 2012
- Jagan leaves jail to vote in presidential poll (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012