Expect more snowfall in Kashmir Valley in coming daysFebruary 9th, 2009 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Feb 9 (IANS) The Kashmir Valley is likely to receive more rain and snowfall in the next three days, weather officials said here Monday.
“A western disturbance is presently passing over the Valley and because of this we are expecting rain and snowfall for three days beginning today (Monday),” said T.K. Jotshi, assistant director of the weather office here.
Heavy snowfall in the northern parts of the Valley had last week triggered an avalanche that claimed four lives in Kupwara district.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar highway, the lifeline of supplies to the landlocked Valley, was also closed for two days last week because of snowfall and slippery roads.
“There would be light to moderate snowfall across the Valley for the next three days,” Jotshi said.
- Snowfall cuts off Kashmir from rest of country - Jan 16, 2012
- Traffic restored on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Dec 09, 2011
- Fresh snowfall in Kashmir, Srinagar-Jammu highway closed - Jan 14, 2011
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed due to landslides - Feb 24, 2011
- Heavy snowfall in Kashmir, avalanche warning issued (With Images) - Jan 15, 2012
- Sun shines bright on Kashmir after rain, snow - Feb 08, 2011
- Over 2,000 Kashmir-bound passengers stranded in Jammu - Jan 09, 2012
- Kashmir braces for rain, snow - Nov 08, 2011
- Snow closes Jammu-Srinagar highway third day running - Feb 08, 2010
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed, avalanche warning - Feb 14, 2012
- Snow shuts only road link to valley for fifth day (Second Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Snowy day forecast in Kashmir Valley, mountains - Dec 19, 2011
- Srinagar-Jammu highway re-opened to traffic - Feb 16, 2012
- Heavy snowfall in Kashmir Valley - Feb 14, 2011
- Heavy snowfall starts in Kashmir; Srinagar-Jammu highway closed - Feb 06, 2010