Exhausted Dalai Lama cancels visit to MexicoAugust 27th, 2008 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
Dharamsala, Aug 27 (IANS) Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama has cancelled due to “exhaustion” all his schedules for the next three weeks, including his visit to Mexico and Dominican Republic, the Tibetan government-in-exile said here Wednesday.”The Dalai Lama has been experiencing some discomfort in the past couple of days. His personal physicians attribute this to exhaustion and have advised him to cancel his engagements for the time being and complete the remaining medical tests that began earlier this month in Mumbai,” an official statement said.
The Nobel laureate reached his residence here Aug 24 from his 12-day religious tour to France.
During his visit, the Dalai Lama met French President Nicolas Sarkozy’s wife Carla Bruni, Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner and Deputy Foreign Minister Rama Yade.
The Dalai Lama has lived in this Himachal Pradesh hill town since fleeing his homeland in 1959.
- Dalai Lama to speak on human rights in Asia - Dec 10, 2011
- Indian foreign secretary meets Dalai Lama - Jun 07, 2012
- Dalai Lama in Delhi for eye check-up (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Dalai Lama cancels trip to South Africa due to visa delay - Oct 06, 2011
- At 76, Dalai Lama remains hopeful on Tibet - Jul 05, 2011
- Media censorship in China wrong: Dalai Lama - Dec 13, 2011
- Mahatma's grandson to attend Dalai Lama's birthday bash - Jul 04, 2011
- Dalai Lama's 77th birthday celebrated in Dharamsala - Jul 06, 2012
- South Africa slammed for denying visa to Dalai Lama - Oct 04, 2011
- Foreign secretary heading to Dharamsala Saturday - Jul 08, 2010
- Dalai Lama to address Hungarian parliament - Sep 18, 2010
- Nirupama Rao to meet Dalai Lama in Mcleodganj - Jul 10, 2010
- The Dalai Lama: Torn between Tibet and India! - Mar 03, 2012
- Reincarnation is my personal right: Dalai Lama - Sep 23, 2011
- Japanese support Dalai Lama's policy on Tibet - Sep 23, 2011