Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBIAugust 13th, 2012 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday adjourned the hearing on the bail plea of Nupur Talwar while directing the CBI to complete by Sep 17 the examination of 13 “material witnesses” in the Aarushi Talwar and Hemraj double murder case.
The apex court bench of Justice A.K. Patnaik and Justice J.S. Khehar told senior counsel Sidharth Luthra, appearing for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), to complete the examination of 13 prosecution witnesses by Sep 17, the next date of hearing.
The court asked Aarushi’s parents and accused, Nupur Talwar and Rajesh Talwar, to cooperate in the process.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30. She challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- SC orders release of Nupur Talwar on bail (Third Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's plea rejected - Aug 23, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Talwars may have won over witness: CBI - Sep 13, 2012
- No blood stains seen on Rajesh Talwar's dress: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- No arrest for Nupur Talwar, rules apex court (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Aarushi's sexual assault could not be established: Witness - Aug 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, bail plea, cbi, central bureau of investigation, court bench, domestic help, double murder case, luthra, material witnesses, New Delhi, parents, prosecution witnesses, senior counsel, supreme court, talwar