Ex-official sent to CBI custody in illegal mining caseNovember 14th, 2011 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 14 (IANS) A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special court Monday sent a former official of Andhra Pradesh government to CBI custody till Nov 21 in illegal mining case involving former Karnataka minister G. Janardhana Reddy.
The CBI Saturday night arrested V.D. Rajagopal, who as then director of mines, allegedly favoured Janardhana Reddy’s Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) by granting leases for iron ore mining in Anantapur district bordering Karnataka.
The court asked the investigating agency to question him from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily in the presence of his lawyer.
He is the third accused to be arrested in the case registered by the CBI against OMC in 2009.
Meanwhile, the court also extended the judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law and OMC managing director B.V. Srinivas Reddy till Nov 28.
The judge conducted the hearing through video conference between the court and Chanchalguda Central Jail as the accused were not brought to the court due to security reasons.
The CBI had arrested them from Bellary in Karnataka Sep 5.
On Dec 7, 2009, the CBI had registered a case of cheating, criminal conspiracy, theft and criminal trespass against OMC and others.
- CBI nabs Andhra official in illegal mining case - Nov 28, 2011
- Ex-Andhra official jailed in illegal mining case - Nov 21, 2011
- Judicial custody of illegal mining case accused extended - Jan 25, 2012
- Ex-Andhra official held in illegal mining case - Nov 13, 2011
- Woman IAS officer sent to judicial custody - Nov 29, 2011
- CBI arrests OMC director in illegal mining case - Dec 02, 2011
- CBI charge sheets Reddy in illegal mining case - Dec 03, 2011
- CBI questions Andhra home minister in mining scam - Oct 29, 2011
- Illegal mining: Court gives bail to ex-official, stays order - Dec 15, 2011
- Janardhan Reddy gets bail in mining case in Andhra (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Janardhana Reddy's judicial custody extended till Nov 14 - Oct 31, 2011
- CBI steps up probe into illegal mining - Sep 15, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea rejected again - Nov 17, 2011
- Andhra court cancels IAS officer's bail in mining case - Jan 02, 2012
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea to be heard Thursday - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: bellary, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central jail, criminal conspiracy, criminal trespass, investigating agency, iron ore mining, judicial custody, karnataka minister, lawyer, leases, managing director, mining company, omc, rajagopal, saturday night, security reasons, srinivas reddy, video conference