Ex-navy officer ends fast in RajasthanMay 8th, 2012 - 11:48 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 8 (IANS) An ex-Indian Navy officer from Rajasthan who has been fasting here for the last 10 days demanding a CBI probe into the murder of his father ended his agitation Tuesday, his family said.
Yashwant Sharma, 52, who took voluntarily retirement as a commander in 2007 after 23 years of service, started his fast April 29 to seek a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe in the murder.
“Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has assured me of a fair probe. He has given us the choice to appoint any police officer from Rajasthan Police for investigation into the murder of my father,” Sharma told IANS.
Sharma was admitted to the Sawai Man Singh Hospital for medical examination after he ended the fast.
“My 77-year-old father, Anandswaroop Sharma, had gone missing from our house in Jawarhar Nagar Jan 21. His body with his throat slit was found a week later in an abandoned house in Pratap Nagar, almost 15 km away,” he said.
He alleged his father was murdered at the behest of the property mafia.
“The police arrested two men who had a property dispute with my father. However, some other influential people involved in the killing are being shielded by police,” he said.
Sharma also questioned the police investigation into the case so far. “The forensic report, the call detail records and other evidence have been ignored by police,” he alleged.
- Ex-Navy officer demands CBI probe into father's murder - May 07, 2012
- Cop, three others held for senior's killing - Nov 09, 2011
- 'Rajasthan Police arrested man on false charge' - Apr 12, 2012
- Apex court quashes order for CBI probe against Punjab officer (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2011
- Maharashtra raids adulterators, widow seeks CBI probe (Night Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Apex court quashes order for CBI probe against Punjab officer - Dec 07, 2011
- Gehlot highlights welfare schemes on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Gehlot meets Maderna in hospital - Nov 15, 2011
- Jaipur shootout: Four cops sent to five days' CBI custody - Mar 12, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI to file report in court Nov 24 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Full faith in Anna's movement, say whistle-blowers' families, friends - Mar 25, 2012
- CBI to probe Rajasthan nurse's disappearance - Sep 15, 2011
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- Sonawane's widow demands CBI probe; government staff strike work (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Ashok Gehlot hits a bad political patch (News Analysis) - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: 23 years, agitation, april 29, ashok, behest, call detail records, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, forensic report, indian navy, jaipur, jan 21, man singh, medical examination, navy officer, police investigation, pratap, property dispute, throat slit