Ex-manager files lawsuit against MJ’s estateFebruary 18th, 2012 - 4:46 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 18 (IANS) Michael Jackson’s former manager has filed a lawsuit against the late King of Pop’s estate.
In the suit, Tohme Tohme claims that he saved Jackson after the molestation trial and in return he’s was expected to get millions of dollars, reports tmz.com.
Tohme says he was Michael’s manager from 2008 until shortly before his death. Tohme claims he rehabilitated MJ both financially and personally after the trial, by coordinating media releases and shooting down false and malicious news stories about Michael.
Tohme says he saved the Neverland by arranging refinancing, for which he was entitled to $2.3 million. He also takes credit for suggesting that MJ’s final tour would be called, “This Is It”.
According to the suit, during a discussion with Michael and AEG Live, the company that promoted Jacko’s concert, Tohme chimed in that Michael selling the name, “This Is It”, in a “high-spirited tone” would be a smash.
In addition to the $2.3 million, Tohme wants 15 percent of the money Michael made from July 2008 until the present.
The estate has already rejected Tohme’s claim and even filed legal documents claiming Tohme took advantage of Michael and did nothing for him.
- MJ's former manager demands $2.3m from his estate - Nov 14, 2009
- MJ 'could have been saved' - Sep 12, 2010
- MJ's mum sues concert promoter over son's death - Sep 16, 2010
- I didn't kill Jackson, stress did: Conrad Murray - Feb 23, 2012
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- MJ's estate facing $300m lawsuit - Oct 25, 2009
- Dr. Conrad Murray points the finger at Dr. Arnold Klein in MJ's death - Sep 16, 2010
- MJ Estate in legal soup - Sep 01, 2010
- Snapper files suit over Michael Jackson book - Jun 02, 2010
- Michael Jackson' estate has new claimants - Jan 24, 2010
- MJ's mother missing? - Jul 23, 2012
- AEG fires back at MJ family lawsuit - Sep 17, 2010
- Finance firm slaps MJ's estate with $1.2M suit - Oct 02, 2010
- Jacko's manager wants to display star's personal memorabilia - Jul 06, 2009
- La Toya may now own the Michael Jackson family home - Mar 15, 2011