Ex-judge, suspended judge’s son arrested in cash-for-bail caseJune 16th, 2012 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 16 (IANS) The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in Andhra Pradesh Saturday arrested suspended CBI judge T. Pattabhirama Rao’s son Ravichandra and retired district judge T.V. Chalapati Rao in the sensational cash-for-bail case involving jailed former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy.
ACB Director General B. Prasada Rao said Rs.1.60 crore cash was recovered from five bank lockers belonging to Ravichandra and Rs 1.14 crore recovered from Chalapati Rao’s brother Balaji Rao.
He said ACB conducted raids in Hyderabad, Guntur and Chilkaluripet and seized documents and other material.
The ACB conducted simultaneous raids on Pattabhirama Rao’s flat at judges’ quarters in Banjara Hills, Chalapathi’s house at Ashoknagar and his brother Srinivas Rao’s house at their native Chilakaluripet in Guntur district.
Suspended judge Pattabhirama Rao allegedly received Rs.5 crore to grant bail to Janardhana Reddy in an illegal mining case.
The ACB had last week booked Pattabhirama Rao and seven others including Janardhana Reddy’s brothers Somasekhara Reddy and Suresh Babu, both legislators from Karnataka.
Andhra Pradesh High Court Chief Justice Madan B. Lokur on May 31 suspended First Additional CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) conducted preliminary investigations.
The judge on May 11 had granted bail to Janardhana Reddy. The bail order was last week set aside by the high court.
- Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 19, 2012
- Mediator received Rs.9.5 crore to arrange bail for Reddy - Jul 03, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Karnataka MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- Names of two more judges surface in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 11, 2012
- Karnataka BJP MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail deal (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- 'Janardhana Reddy wanted bail at any cost' - Jul 23, 2012
- Cash-for-bail: Suspended judge, seven others booked - Jun 09, 2012
- Former Karnataka minister Sriramulu appears before Anti-Corruption Bureau - Aug 21, 2012
- Two Karnataka legislators summoned in Andhra cash-for-bail scam - Jul 24, 2012
- Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy's bail cancelled - Jun 13, 2012
- Andhra's cash-for-bail scam sent to anti-graft bureau - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: acb, andhra pradesh high court, balaji, banjara hills, brother, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief justice, corruption bureau, director general, district judge, guntur, investigations, karnataka minister, legislators, madan, prasada, quarters, rao, suresh