Ex-flight attendant’s suicide: Victim’s photos, laptop seizedAugust 6th, 2012 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) A laptop, a mobile phone and some photographs of Geetika Sharma, a former flight attendant who hanged herself at her residence here the day before, were Monday collected by investigators and her post-mortem was conducted, police said.
Sharma, 23, a former flight attendant of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines hanged herself in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar Sunday and in her suicide note blamed her ex-employer and former Haryana minister of state for home Gopal Goyal Kanda for her extreme step, police said.
Some of her photographs collected from her house were with Kanda, who resigned from Haryana cabinet Sunday evening, police said. Her personal diary as well as some official papers were collected earlier.
“The probe is on and it would take some time to confirm the real cause behind Sharma’s extreme step,” said a police officer.
The post-mortem report would be available Tuesday, he said.
In her two-page suicide note, the victim blamed Kanda, chairman and managing director of MDLR, and Aruna Chadha, MDLR manager, for breaking her trust, ruining her and hurting her family, police said, adding that a case of abetment to suicide was registered against them.
Kanda’s airline ceased to function in 2009 and Sharma was given a job in another company owned by him, police said.
Sharma had joined MDLR in 2006 as an air-hostess. In 2009, she quit her job and left the country to work with Emirates airlines. However, she had only worked there for a few months before returning to the country. In 2010, she again joined MDLR, this time as an executive director, police said.
According to the victim’s brother, Gaurav Sharma, his sister was being constantly harassed by Kanda and his colleague Aruna Chadha, both mentally and psychologically.
“My sister quit her job and decided to work with Emirates and had gone for training in Dubai but Kanda wrote to them accusing my sister of having a bad character which led to her termination,” he told reporters.
She was being asked by Kanda to join his company again, added Sharma.
- Ex-flight attendant kills self, blames Haryana minister (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- NCW to probe ex-flight attendant's suicide - Aug 05, 2012
- Former Haryana minister Kanda surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to two days' police custody (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant's suicide: Hooda assures action - Aug 05, 2012
- Haryana minister Gopal Kanda booked for abetting suicide, resigns (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Haryana governor accepts Kanda's resignation - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi cops search Kanda office with Aruna Chaddha - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: air hostess, aruna, ashok, bad character, chadha, emirates airlines, extreme step, flight attendant, gaurav sharma, geetika, haryana minister, kanda, minister of state, north delhi, personal diary, post mortem report, suicide note, suicide victim, sunday evening, ter