Ex-driver claims threat to life from NityanandaDecember 9th, 2010 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Dec 9 (IANS) Lenin Karuppan, who released video clippings of Nityananda Swami in sexual acts, Thursday accused the Swami of threatening him.
Karuppan, who was the self-styled godman’s driver, told reporters here that the Swami had offered him Rs.20 crore to withdraw his charges against him.
“Since I refused, he is making calls threatening my life,” Karuppan said.
Nityananda has been chargesheeted by police with rape, unnatural sex, cheating, criminal intimidation and criminal conspiracy. Four associates, including a woman, have also been chargesheeted.
Nityananda, who has a sprawling complex at Bidadi on Bangalore’s outskirts, is on bail.
The chargesheet was filed by Bangalore Police Nov 27.
Nityananda, hailing from Tamil Nadu, was arrested from Himachal Pradesh April 21 after being on the run since March 3 when the video clip was telecast on several TV channels.
The chargesheet runs into over 400 pages and has statements by several women followers of Nityanayanda accusing him of forcing them to have sex with him, beating them and ordering them to get alcohol for him.
- It's not me in Nityananda sex video: Actress Ranjita - Dec 31, 2010
- Chargesheet filed against godman Nityananada - Nov 29, 2010
- There was an attempt to blackmail me: Nityananda - Feb 01, 2011
- Religious leader Nityananda, aides charged with rape - Nov 29, 2010
- Sex tainted godman's bail plea rejected - May 06, 2010
- Sex-scam accused godman freed on bail - Jun 12, 2010
- Two more days police custody for Nityananda - Apr 26, 2010
- Nityananda gets conditional bail - Jun 11, 2010
- Nityananda sent to jail till May 12 - Apr 30, 2010
- Nityananda brought to Bangalore - Apr 22, 2010
- Verdict on Nityananda's bail plea Friday - Jun 10, 2010
- High court allows tainted Nityananda to preach - Jul 09, 2010
- Nityananda held in Himachal, to be flown to Bangalore Thursday (Fifth Lead) - Apr 22, 2010
- Nityananda bound devotees with non-disclosure agreements - Apr 23, 2010
- Tainted godman Nityananda freed on bail (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012