Ex-Bihar police chief’s illegal assets to be seizedJuly 24th, 2012 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 24 (IANS) The Patna High Court Tuesday ordered the confiscation of former Bihar police chief Narayan Mishra’s illegal assets, a lawyer said.
“The court dismissed a petition challenging a vigilance court’s verdict to attach assets of Mishra,” said the lawyer working for the state government.
Mishra, then an Indian Police Service officer, faced a vigilance inquiry following allegations of corruption against him. The probe found that he possessed an illegal house in Patna and a flat, plots and a house outside the city.
A vigilance case was lodged against Mishra in 2007 for amassing assets, including property valued at Rs.1.40 crore, between 1984 and 2007. He was suspended by the government three and half years ago.
On Feb 1, a vigilance court had ordered attachment of the property of Mishra, his wife and daughter-in-law. He was tried under the Bihar Special Court Act, 2009.
In March, the high court put curbs on the vigilance court’s verdict. “After hearing the petition, the court Tuesday ordered the confiscation of Mishra’s assets,” said the lawyer.
- Court orders confiscation of former DGP's assets - Feb 01, 2012
- Bihar to confiscate BJP lawmaker's assets - Feb 04, 2012
- To track ill-gotten assets, Bihar ready to cross borders - Feb 16, 2012
- Bihar cracks whip again, sacks corrupt official - Jan 24, 2012
- After house, corrupt Bihar official's land seized - Nov 21, 2011
- Another corrupt Bihar official's home to house school - Dec 04, 2011
- CBI to adopt Bihar law to seize homes of corrupt - Jan 28, 2012
- Another corrupt official's house confiscated in Bihar - Nov 19, 2011
- Bihar opens school in tainted officer's seized house - Sep 08, 2011
- Corrupt IAS officer in Bihar to be prosecuted - Sep 29, 2011
- BJP issues show cause notice to legislator in Bihar - Feb 05, 2012
- Bihar government now targets corrupt middlemen - Jan 21, 2012
- Breather for Kripashankar: Apex court stays attachment order (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Bihar moves another step to weed out corruption - Mar 01, 2011
- Confiscate properties of corrupt politicians: JD-U MP - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: allegations, assets, bihar police, confiscation, corruption, court act, crore, curbs, half years, indian police service, lawyer, mishra, patna high court, petition, police chief, rs 1, state government, vigilance