Ex-bank official held for sleazy e-mailsSeptember 26th, 2010 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 26 (IANS) A former bank manager who sent sleazy e-mails to his sister-in-law was arrested Sunday, police said. This is the first arrest made by the cyber police station formed last month.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said: “Adhiraj Roychowdhury - a former manager of a private bank - was arrested from his in-laws’ house in Howrah for sending sleazy mails to his sister-in-law.”
“This is the first arrest made by the cyber police station on the basis of the case registered in the same police station,” added Sen.
“Roychowdhury (45), who left his job one month back, sent sleazy mails to his sister-in-law who works in a computer firm in Park Circus,” he said.
A senior officer of the cyber police station said: “The accused, a resident of Jadavpur in South Kolkata, sent mails from different places including Mumbai and Delhi and for that his sister-in-law had to lose her job thrice.”
“After the case came to us, we traced the IP (internet protocol) address and arrested him,” said the officer.
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Man held for job fraud - Dec 27, 2011
- Woman raped on pretext of job interview - Jan 07, 2012
- Sex racket busted in Kolkata, 6 arrested - Dec 01, 2011
- Pregnant woman dies after drinking vinegar - May 22, 2012
- Toongate: Mamata lashes out against professor, calls it cyber crime - May 12, 2012
- Three held for forcing woman to foetus sex test (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Hindu-Muslim marriage held up as families come to blows - Jun 14, 2010
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Kolkata constable held for murdering sister-in-law - Feb 01, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: commissioner of police, computer firm, cyber police, damayanti, different places, howrah, internet protocol address, ip internet, jadavpur, job, mumbai, park circus, police crime, police station, private bank, sister in law