Every fifth Briton admits to having sex at workOctober 26th, 2008 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 26 (IANS) Almost half of all Britons have had a one-night stand, while one out of five Britons had sex at work, according to a new survey on sexual relations in Britain.One out of four men, and one out of 10 women, were prepared to sleep with someone to advance their careers, according to a special poll conducted for the Observer.
Just under 50 percent of the people surveyed said they had a one-night stand. Of them, 57 percent were men and 42 percent women.
Among the surveyed group, 64 percent of those who said they had a one-night stand fell in the age group of 25 to 44, compared with 24 percent of those aged 65 and above.
The survey found that one in five people did not believe that monogamy was desirable, while three out of 10 did not even think it was natural.
However, people remained socially conservative on some issues, with 45 percent of Britons feeling that gay couples should not be allowed to get married.
Surprisingly, almost one in four Britons (24 percent) believed homosexual sex should be made illegal, a one percent increase in the proportion of people who believed this since 2002.
The survey also showed Britons were losing virginity a little earlier than before. Over 40 percent said they had lost their virginity when they were 16-17, while among the over-65 age group, virginity was lost at 19.
- British women admit one-night stands on holidays - Jun 19, 2012
- Women 'get drunk before having sex because they lack confidence' - Mar 13, 2011
- Your prince charming is 22 kisses away - Mar 18, 2011
- People over 75 don't feel lonely: Study - May 29, 2011
- Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
- Women more nostalgic than men about sex with ex - Sep 21, 2012
- Beware! You may be more vulnerable to hepatitis than you think (July 28 is World Hepatitis Day) - Jul 27, 2012
- Does Social networking leads to sex faster? - Jan 27, 2011
- 70 percent Chinese have pre-marital sex: Study - Apr 10, 2012
- Third of Britons will have sex -- for million pounds - Mar 26, 2010
- Female Chinese students more open toward sex: Study - Jul 14, 2010
- 70 percent single British women have unprotected sex - May 31, 2012
- She blunders through to find her Prince Charming - Mar 17, 2011
- Sex Important To Elderly Men Too! - Dec 08, 2010
- A third of all Brit men have cheated on their partners - Mar 28, 2010