Eva Longoria was once the “ugly duckling” of the familyJanuary 31st, 2008 - 5:45 pm ICT by admin
Sydney, Jan 31 (ANI): Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria admitted to having been the ugly duckling of the family, and having been bullied for her looks when she was young.
Even though Eva has turned out to be one of the most glamorous women with a number of rewarding deals with cosmetic companies, she obviously has not forgotten that her nickname while growing up was “ugly duckling”, reports The Daily Mail.
In a statement she made while promoting her new film ‘Over My Dead Body’, she recounted how her nickname came to be.
“I was the darkest one of my family. I was the only one with black hair and the only one with dark skin. All my sisters were light blondes with hazel eyes. They used to call me ugly duckling,” news.com.au quoted her as saying.
The 32-year-old told Channel 4’s Richard and Judy that in order to overcome one minus point she used another to cover it up.
“I grew up without being beautiful so I kind of relied on my personality and my character,” she said.
“I kind of developed a skill not to depend on anything superficial because I didn’t have anything superficial to depend on,” she added. (ANI)
- Eva Longoria was once the "ugly duckling" of the family - Feb 01, 2008
- Marilyn Monroe is Longoria's style icon - Jun 24, 2012
- Longoria loots 'Desperate Housewives' set - Apr 15, 2012
- Eva Longoria 'pops out of her plunging jacket' during cookbook promo - Apr 08, 2011
- Eva by Eva Longoria perfect formula to attract man - Oct 02, 2010
- Eva Longoria Dating Penelope Cruz's Younger Brother Eduardo? - Jan 29, 2011
- Longoria warned against stealing - May 04, 2012
- Tony Parker's 'textmate' denies affair with him - Dec 03, 2010
- Vanessa Williams Debuts On "Desperate Housewives" - Sep 01, 2010
- Dieting makes Eva Green depressed - May 04, 2012
- I would never use marriage trouble to sell cookbook, says Eva Longoria - Apr 06, 2011
- Eva Longoria talks about her 'divorce diet' - Apr 07, 2011
- Divorce won't stop me adopting, says Eva Longoria - Nov 29, 2010
- Eva Longoria vows not to remove marriage tattoo - Jan 13, 2011
- Eva Longoria says that talk about divorce makes her sad - Mar 16, 2011