European oncology research firm starts Indian operationsNovember 26th, 2008 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Nov 26 (IANS) Oncology Services Europe (OSE), a contract research organization specialising in clinical drug development in oncology, has launched its India operations here setting up clinical services company Oncology Services India (OSI). “We will offer a complete clinical service range,” OSI chief executive Vimal Sanghavi said, adding the new company combined the best of clinical research capabilities of Europe and India.
Sanghavi said India has qualified researchers and hospitals with the latest technological infrastructure, making it ideal for clinical trials. “India is a favourable destination for conducting multinational clinical trials in the oncology segment,” he said.
OSI is looking to tap lion’s share of country’s $300-million clinical trials market, which is expected to grow at 15 per cent annually over the next four years, Sanghavi added. Its services were launched Tuesday.
- Fortis hospitals to focus more on clinical trials - Jan 21, 2010
- The NRI as bureaucrat: coaching schools warm up to idea - Aug 07, 2012
- Drug trials should follow procedures: Azad - Feb 06, 2012
- 22 people died during clinical trials - Aug 09, 2011
- SC issues notice to Centre on clinical trials - Feb 06, 2012
- GVK Bio's Ahmedabad facility cleared by USFDA - Jul 30, 2012
- Staffing companies value add services for higher rating - Jan 16, 2011
- Emirates Holidays eyes double-digit growth in India - Jun 07, 2012
- TCG Lifesciences to foray into bio-tech medicine - Feb 16, 2012
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Pact with Kingfisher sees Finnair's Asia traffic look up - Sep 12, 2011
- Vimal launches anti-microbial treated, odour-free fabric - Jul 14, 2010
- India targets $45 bn from engineering services by 2020 - May 20, 2010
- Quintiles, Apollo launch clinical trials unit in Hyderabad - Jan 25, 2011
- Indian small and light commercial vehicles to log 18 percent growth - Jul 20, 2012