Europe needs 18,000 teachers by 2015: expertJuly 22nd, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 22 (IANS) At the present primary pupil-teacher ratio, there will be a requirement of another 18,000 primary school teachers by 2015 in Europe, an expert said here Tuesday. David Day, head of Life Long Learning, London said at a seminar on “Career for a teacher in Europe” here that British schools and colleges desperately need teachers with modern skills to enrich their curriculum and there are estimated 15-20 percent vacancies for teachers in London.
According to the office of National statistics in Britain, at the present primary pupil-teacher ratio, there will be a requirement of another 18,000 primary school teachers by 2015 in Europe, said Day.
The seminar was organised by Aryans group of institutes, Chandigarh in collaboration with London school of management education (LSME), London.
A team from London under the leadership of Ravi Kumar, managing director, LSME addressed the seminar about the career opportunities for teachers in Europe.
- 8 million children still out of school in RTE Act's first year (April 1 is the first anniversary of implementation of RTE Act) - Apr 01, 2011
- Court issues notice on lack of teachers in air force school (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Over a lakh children in Delhi still out of school - Apr 01, 2011
- Over 19 lakh teachers' posts created in literacy programme - Nov 25, 2011
- British school gets award set up by Napoleon - Jan 01, 2012
- 95 percent schools don't comply with RTE guidelines: Study - Jul 09, 2012
- To put it bluntly, education sector dismal: Pakistani daily - Nov 01, 2010
- National body for controlling teachers largely welcomed - Sep 04, 2011
- Many British pupils cannot even catch a ball - May 31, 2012
- Teacher shortage could hamper universal education goal (For Teacher's Day, Sep 5) - Sep 04, 2010
- Kerala makes teaching more student friendly - Aug 10, 2011
- Sibal approves model rules for RTE Act - Jan 29, 2010
- Teacher helps pupils cheat, but gets answers wrong - Sep 20, 2010
- Abu Dhabi Indian schools to have 20,000 seats by 2013 - Apr 22, 2011
- A British school where pupils speak 31 languages - Jun 09, 2012