Eurofighter Typhoon to fly at Bangalore air showFebruary 5th, 2011 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 5 (IANS) Two Eurofighter Typhoons of the Italian Air Force arrived here to demonstrate the plane’s operational capabilities in the eighth edition of Aero India 2011 trade expo Feb 9-13, the leading European aerospace consortium said Saturday.”This is the first time the Italian Air Force Typhoons have come for static and flying display during the five-day air show at the Indian Air Force (IAF) base at Yelahanka on the outskirts of Bangalore,” the company said in a statement here.
As the world’s leading medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA), Typhoon is also in the race for the Indian Air Force’s (IAF) tender to supply 126 aircraft at an estimated cost of $10 billion with five other global aerospace majors Lockheed Martin’s F-16, Boeing’s F/A-18, French Dassault’s Rafale, Swedish Saab Gripen and Russian MiG-35.
“The flying display twice a day will showcase breathtaking manoeuvres and aerobatics by the Typhoons, which combine high combat effectiveness with low-cost ownership,” the statement added.
The IAF plans to replace its ageing Russian-made MiG-21 fleet with the MMRCA in phases this decade.
Eurofighter GmbH consists of four partner firms - Alenia Aeronautica/Finmeccanica of Italy, BAE Systems of Britain, EADS CASA of Spain and EADS Deutschland of Germany.
- Eurofighter to quote price for IAF order this month - Jun 09, 2010
- Eurofighter to offer renewed bid for IAF order soon (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Eurofighter displays cockpit demonstrator at Berlin air show - Jun 09, 2010
- Ratan Tata co-pilots Boeing fighter at air show - Feb 10, 2011
- Price talks for 126 jets to begin this month: IAF chief - Mar 10, 2011
- AeroIndia show to be the largest ever - Feb 01, 2011
- Shahid to fly in F-16 fighter jet at AeroIndia - Feb 05, 2011
- South Asia's largest aero show takes off Wednesday - Feb 08, 2011
- Dazzling fly-past, daring aerobatics mark Aero India launch (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Defence ministry panel to consider combat jet deal next month - Sep 22, 2011
- EADS to shift some Eurofighter development projects to India - Jun 10, 2010
- India shops for combat aircraft at Farnborough - Jul 20, 2010
- Bollywood star Shahid Kapoor flies in F-16 at air show - Feb 12, 2011
- India to pick combat fighter by mid-December - Nov 18, 2011
- IAF may get 'Star Wars' helmet from European consortium - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: aero india, bae systems, combat aircraft, combat effectiveness, eads casa, eads deutschland, eighth edition, eurofighter typhoon, european aerospace, finmeccanica, global aerospace, indian air force, italian air force, lockheed martin, operational capabilities, partner firms, rafale, saab gripen, trade expo, yelahanka