EU condoles Naina Devi temple stampede deathsAugust 4th, 2008 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, Aug 4 (IANS) Benita-Ferrero Waldner, European Union commissioner for external relations, Monday condoled the deaths in the stampede at the hill shrine of Naina Devi in Himachal Pradesh, EuAsiaNews reported. “It was with great sadness that I learned of the major accident at the Naina Devi shrine which claimed so many innocent lives,” she said in her message to Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
“Please allow me, on behalf of the European Commission, to express my deepest condolences to the government of India. My thoughts are with the families who have been bereaved and with those who have been injured in this tragic event,” added Ferrero-Waldner.
At least 145 people, majority of them women and children, died in the stampede Sunday.
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- EU condemns 'heinous' Mumbai attack - Jul 14, 2011
- EU Troika-India to meet in Prague - Jun 26, 2009
- EU to send 100-member team to observe Afghan elections - Jul 13, 2009
- 2009 crucial for India to fight global challenges: EU - Jun 26, 2009
- EU, Russia sign pacts to develop border regions - Nov 19, 2009
- EU urges Russia to keep moratorium on death penalty - Nov 13, 2009
- EU's new anti-terror programme to focus on Afghanistan, Pakistan - Apr 18, 2009
- European Parliament condoles Mangalore crash deaths - May 22, 2010
- EU mourns West Bengal train accident victims - Jul 20, 2010
- India seeks global initiatives for energy security - Jun 18, 2009
- Sri Lanka situation risky and dangerous: EU official - Mar 17, 2009
- Bollywood mourns Vilasrao Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Unesco fails again to elect new head - Sep 19, 2009
- EU calls for inquiry into Sri Lankan abuse allegations - May 18, 2009