ETV reporter’s murder case solvedAugust 10th, 2011 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) Cracking the murder case of an ETV reporter, Delhi Police said Wednesday they have arrested six people for robbing and murdering the journalist last week.
The accused have been identified as Shahid alias Pahari, 22, Asif alias Mullah, 45, Shahzad Ali, 22, Afroz, 40, Abdul Wahab, 27, and Jubair, 35.
Police have recovered a country-made pistol along with the reporter’s bag, mobile phone, gold ring, camera and a watch from the posession of the arrested men.
The men were arrested during probe of the Aug 5 murder of ETV reporter Akram near Welcome area. Akram was robbed and then shot dead.
Two accused - Asif and Afroz - were apprehended Aug 9 on a tip-off from Amroha in Uttar Pradesh.
On sustained interrogation, both confessed their involvement along with five others.
“All the accused boarded the bus with the victim on the day of incident. The bus plies from Amroha to Jafrabad. In the bus, Zubair overheard the deceased talking over mobile phone regarding money in lakhs. Asif immediately contacted his co-associates and conspired to rob the man,” the official said..
At their instance, police arrested the other accused.
- Drugs turn three youths into murderers - Oct 13, 2011
- Journalist shot, succumbs in hospital - Aug 05, 2011
- Police custody of 23 Mumbai rioters extended - Aug 19, 2012
- Four arrested on kidnapping charge - Sep 02, 2011
- Woman kills mother-in-law, held - Aug 25, 2011
- Orissa Maoist leader arrested with arms - Mar 05, 2011
- Man held after policeman overhears him describing murder - Mar 16, 2011
- Three arrested for robbing, killing man - Nov 10, 2011
- CCTV nails 'toilet thief' in Delhi - Jan 22, 2011
- Five people who planned to rob petrol pump held - Jan 23, 2011
- Sri Lankan team attack accused granted bail - Oct 08, 2011
- Five engineering students held for robbery - Mar 04, 2012
- Man held for around 50 robberies - Sep 17, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- 11 robbers held in Delhi - Apr 14, 2011