Eto’o inaugurates football training centreMay 30th, 2012 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Libreville (Gabon), May 30 (IANS) Cameroon’s football star Samuel Eto’o inaugurated the training centre for his foundation here with the presence of the Gabonese President Ali Bongo Ondimba and several players from the Spanish club Barcelona FC.
The training centre aims to offer opportunities for youths who dream to have a career in football and build a better future.
Eto’o’s foundation has been constructed in the peripheral district of Nzeng Ayong in Libreville and it has two complexes, one of which will serve as housing units for the youths and the other has the training stadium, reported Xinhua.
The Cameroonian footballer, through his foundation, is initiating projects in rural and urban communities in Africa and in other parts of the world.
- Cameroon captain Eto'o banned for 15 matches - Dec 17, 2011
- Eto'o a doubt for Anzhi: Hiddink - Aug 17, 2012
- Eto'o rejects Cameroon's invite - Aug 28, 2012
- Bolton striker Ngog to join Cameroon squad - Mar 13, 2012
- Cameroon footballers want to play in India's I-League - Sep 04, 2012
- Milla wants Cameroon's football body sacked - Apr 20, 2012
- Eto'o asks UEFA to reconsider Anzhi ban - Jul 16, 2012
- Crowds finally turn up for Nehru Cup final - Sep 02, 2012
- Hiddink to coach Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala - Dec 21, 2011
- Cameroon reduce Eto'o 15-match suspension to 8 months - Jan 08, 2012
- Roger Milla dismissed as honorary president - May 18, 2012
- Football fans give Nehru Cup a miss - Aug 24, 2012
- Portuguese Duarte appointed as Gabon coach - Apr 29, 2012
- Roberto Carlos dropped from Anzhi Makhachkala squad - Mar 10, 2012
- Unprecedented scenes as India lift Nehru Cup - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: africa, ali, ayong, better future, bongo ondimba, cameroon, club barcelona, football star, football training, footballer, housing units, libreville gabon, presence, samuel eto o, spanish club, urban communities, xinhua