Etisalat says won’t participate in 2G auctionSeptember 5th, 2012 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) Telecom service provider Etisalat Wednesday said it will not participate in the 2G spectrum auction in November.
“Following the publication by India’s Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of the information memorandum for the planned auction of spectrum in 1800MHz and 800MHz bands, the Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (Etisalat) wishes to confirm that it has decided not to participate in the auction,” the company said in a statement.
“Etisalat Group believes the Indian telecommunications industry has significant potential and it has high regard for the government of India, its judiciary, and its regulatory bodies and wishes a positive outcome for the forthcoming auction,” it added.
Earlier this year, Etisalat DB, the joint venture between Abu Dhabi-based Etisalat and India’s DB Group, had announced closure of its services in India following the Supreme Court cancelling 122 spectrum licences, including 15 of Etisalat, which had over 1.6 million subscribers.
Etisalat had also written off its investments worth $827 million in Etisalat DB.
- Etisalat to shut down India operation - Feb 22, 2012
- TDSAT notice to Etisalat on RComm's Rs.1,200 crore dues - Feb 23, 2012
- Etisalat advises subscribers to 'port out' - Mar 09, 2012
- Supreme Court extends 2G auction deadline to Jan 11 (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- India eases M&A; norms for telecom industry (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Etisalat sues Indian joint venture partners for fraud - Feb 23, 2012
- Cabinet okays Rs.14,000 crore spectrum reserve price (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- STel, Etisalat told to restore services till licence expires - Apr 11, 2012
- India eases merger norms in telecom sector - Feb 15, 2012
- Etisalat writes off $827 mn, evaluates India options - Feb 09, 2012
- TRAI sets high base price for 2G auction, operators cry foul (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Supreme Court extends 2G auction deadline to Jan 11 (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- DoT to start spectrum auction Nov 12 - Aug 27, 2012
- UAE-based Etisalat denies involvement in Indian 2G scam - Feb 10, 2011
- Cabinet okays Rs.14,000 crore as spectrum auction base price - Aug 03, 2012