Ethnic Indian second runner up at Malaysian beauty pageantAugust 10th, 2008 - 12:32 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Aug 10 (IANS) An ethnic Indian contestant emerged as the second runner up in a beauty pageant here while a business management student in Britain was crowned the new Miss World Malaysia. Soo Wincci, a law graduate studying business administration in Britain, won the 2008 beauty contest here Saturday.
The annual pageant saw ethnic Indian model Shereen Kaur, 20, taking the third spot. The first runner-up was student Cindy Chen, 24, The Star said Sunday.
Soo was also crowned Miss Talented, the newly-added subsidiary title at this year’s pageant, for being able to sing in five languages.
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
- Angola's Leila Lopes is Miss Universe 2011 (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Saree Queen contest held in Malaysia - Oct 18, 2010
- Miss World 2011: Kanishtha Dhankhar fails to make it to top 25 - Nov 07, 2011
- Malaysia looks for `beauty with brains and compassion' - Mar 28, 2011
- Miss USA Alexandria Mills Wins Miss World 2010 Pageant - Oct 31, 2010
- 24-year-old manual scavenger wins beauty pageant - Nov 19, 2011
- Dabur parts ways with Miss Nepal - Jul 26, 2011
- Mexico's Jimena Navarrete wins Miss Universe pageant - Aug 24, 2010
- China's Wen Xia Yu wins Miss World 2012 title, Vanya Mishra loses (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Fiji gets new Indian beauty queen - Sep 12, 2012
- Welham's girl to represent Nepal in China pageant - Oct 19, 2010
- No favouritism at beauty pageants: Miss Earth Nicole Faria - Nov 14, 2011
- Miss Mexico is crowned Miss Universe 2010 - Aug 24, 2010
- Manisha stands by Miss Nepal - Aug 31, 2011