Espanyol captain Tamudo out for two monthsDecember 4th, 2008 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Dec 4 (DPA) Spanish Liga club Espanyol announced that captain Raul Tamudo would be out of action for two months.Tamudo, 30, has torn the femoral biceps muscle in his left leg, according to the club doctors. The injury was suffered in Sunday’s 0-1 home defeat against Sporting Gijon, a result which led to coach Bartolome Marquez being replaced by Mane.
Tamudo was expected to be part of the Spain squad at Euro 2008 but missed the tournament due to a broken arm.
Espanyol - who reached the UEFA Cup final in 2007 - are currently fourth from bottom in La Liga.
- Iniesta out for two weeks - Sep 13, 2012
- Real Madrid look to comeback after El Classico defeat - Dec 12, 2011
- Granada sack coach Fabri - Jan 23, 2012
- Barca five points behind Real after draw against Espanyol - Jan 09, 2012
- Deportivo return to Spanish top flight - May 28, 2012
- Espanyol sign striker Sergio Garcia from Betis - Aug 17, 2010
- Barcelona take on Espanyol in city derby - Jan 07, 2012
- Real Madrid top after fortunate win in San Sebastian - Sep 19, 2010
- Villa likely to be sidelined for five months - Dec 16, 2011
- Espanyol sack coach Marquez - Dec 01, 2008
- Injured Iniesta ruled out for four weeks - Sep 14, 2011
- Another injury setback for Barca as Fabregas tears a muscle - Oct 02, 2011
- Real Madrid blank Espanyol to keep lead in La Liga - Mar 05, 2012
- Villarreal sacks coach Molina - Mar 19, 2012
- Villarreal name Lotina as new coach - Mar 20, 2012