Escorts delivers tractors to Gujarat for waste management schemeSeptember 11th, 2008 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Sep 11 (IANS) Tractor maker Escorts Agri Machinery Group (EAMG) Thursday delivered 150 tractors to Gujarat Urban Development Corp under the Nirmal Gujarat scheme, a programme initiated by the state government for solid waste management. The company has an agreement with the government to sell 448 Powertrac-455 brand of Escorts tractors for the scheme.
At a ceremony here, the keys of tractors were handed over to municipal corporations by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The scheme was launched in 2006 with a goal to ensure clean land, clean water and clean air with citizens’ participation.
“It is our privilege to be associated with the Gujarat government for a cause. Waste management has been a concern of our country and this surely is a huge step forward. We wish this novel initiative will inspire other states too,” said Tejinder Singh, head of institutional sales, EAMG.
- Tractor sales to pick up from October: Escorts - Sep 05, 2012
- Escorts delivers 100 tractors to Tanzania - Oct 07, 2010
- e-broadcast pilot project launched in Gujarat - May 06, 2011
- Modi and Vaghela on fast track politics in Gujarat - Sep 16, 2011
- Escorts focuses on Africa to export tractors - Sep 05, 2012
- Gujarat cabinet expanded, six new ministers sworn in - Feb 02, 2011
- Seize initiative against terrorists, Modi urges PM - May 03, 2011
- Obama thanks Modi for book - May 19, 2011
- Keshubhai Patel quits BJP, may float new party - Aug 04, 2012
- Congress bags Gandhinagar civic body - Apr 21, 2011
- Escorts ploughs deep in premium tractor segment - May 17, 2012
- Mitsubishi evinces interest in Gujarat towns - May 19, 2010
- Waste-pickers' views will be reflected in policy: Ramesh - Jan 29, 2011
- Assaulted senior citizen meets Narendra Modi, courtesy court - Apr 18, 2011
- When Modi changed fast venue - Sep 16, 2011