Equity markets stay in the red (Lead)September 10th, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 10 (IANS) Indian equity markets stayed in the red early Wednesday. Realty, banking and capital goods stocks were under selling pressure. At noon, the 30-share benchmark index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the Sensex, was at 14,823.09 points, down 77.67 points or 0.52 percent from its closing figure Tuesday. It had touched a low of 14,714.52 points earlier Wednesday.
At the same time the broader based S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange was at 4446.50 points, down 22.20 points or 0.50 percent from its previous close.
The market breadth was negative. On BSE, 1,071 shares advanced, 1,231 declined and 106 remained unchanged.
- Sensex closes 200 points lower (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Sensex rises 110 points; realty, banking stocks up - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 323 points higher (Roundup) - Nov 01, 2010
- Sensex soars in early trade - Oct 06, 2010
- Sensex closes flat on dull trading day - Mar 18, 2010
- Indian equities recoup early losses - Mar 03, 2011
- Sensex closes 87 points lower (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex up 101 points after Mukherjee concludes budget speech (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Sensex down 87 points as rise in inflation dampens rate cut hopes - Jun 14, 2012
- Sensex dull, broader markets gain, Asian cues weak - Jul 16, 2010
- Sensex closes 149 points lower (Second Lead) - Oct 12, 2010
- Sensex slips 100 points; metal, telecom stocks slump - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex climbs 0.50 percent on Asian cues - Dec 27, 2010
- Sensex rises in morning trade - May 27, 2011