Equity markets stay in the red early afternoon (Lead)September 12th, 2008 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 12 (IANS) Indian equity markets continued to trade in the red early Friday afternoon. Realty, banking and IT stocks were under selling pressure. At 1:00 p.m., the 30-share benchmark index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the Sensex, at 14,180.32 points, down 143.97 points or 1.01 percent from its closing figure Thursday. It had touched a low of 14,046.42 points earlier Friday.
At the same time the broader based S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange was at 4,268.10 points, down 22.20 points or 0.52 percent from its previous close.
The market breadth was negative. On BSE, 1,081 shares advanced, 1,365 declined and 91 remained unchanged.
- Sensex rallies past 18,000, closes 353 points up (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sensex slips 120 points; banking, capital goods stocks fall (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex creeps up from day's lows (Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Sensex in red, realty stocks lose - Apr 28, 2011
- Sensex closes 254 points higher (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Sensex closes a tad high; metal, capital goods stocks up (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Rate hike fears weigh Sensex, broader markets lacklustre - Jul 25, 2011
- Sensex edges up but ends lower for second consecutive week (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2012
- Sensex continues 5-week rally, closes 102 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex rises 204 points on short covering, tax clarity (Roundup) - Mar 27, 2012
- Sensex ends flat on dull trading day (Roundup) - May 11, 2011
- Sensex creeps up 104 points in late trade (Second Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Sensex in see-saw trade, consumer durables, realty stocks up - Mar 27, 2012
- Poor IIP figures pull Sensex down 116 points (Roundup) - Jun 10, 2011
- Interest rate hike fears push Sensex down 492 points (Intro Roundup, supersedes Roundup) - Jan 07, 2011