Equity markets start on a positive noteAugust 29th, 2008 - 12:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 29 (IANS) Indian equity markets, which opened higher Friday following a decline in the inflation rate, were in the green during early trade. Banking and realty stocks were in demand. The 30-share benchmark index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the Sensex, opened with a gain of 230.68 points at 14,279.02. Ten minutes into trading, it was at 14,376.08 points, 327.74 points or 2.33 percent above its closing figure Thursday.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange was trading at 4,312.10 points with a gain of 98.10 points or 2.33 percent from its previous close.
The market breadth was positive. On BSE, 1,104 shares advanced, 222 declined and 33 remained unchanged.
ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and State Bank of India were among the gainers in initial trade.
Other Asian markets were also trading higher.
- Sensex closes 200 points on stronger rupee - May 28, 2012
- Sensex starts week on strong footing - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex slips into red, IT stocks lose - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex snaps out of three-day losing streak (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian markets ruling higher, Asian cues positive - Feb 08, 2012
- Sensex trading in the green, power, realty stocks lead - Feb 21, 2012
- Sensex up 421 points, metals, capital goods gain (Roundup) - Jan 03, 2012
- Sensex dips on profit taking (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sensex holds on to highs in afternoon trade (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains, metals, realty scrips gain - Mar 13, 2012
- Sensex crosses 17,000-mark, banking stocks lead (Second Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Indian markets quiet ahead of monetary policy - Jan 23, 2012
- Sensex rises, capital goods, metal and IT stocks buying picks up - May 15, 2012
- Sensex 80 points high on strong global cues - Sep 06, 2012
- Sensex holding on to gains, Asian cues positive (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010