Equity markets hover around previous closing figuresDecember 18th, 2008 - 12:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 18 (IANS) A key index of the Indian stock exchange opened marginally lower Thursday than its previous close but rose soon after.The 30-share Sensitive Index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened at 9,710.20 points, lower than Wednesday’s closing figure of 9,715.29 points.
However, about half an hour into trading, the Sensex was ruling at 9,736.53, up 26.33 points from the opening figure.
But at the same time, the broader-based 50-share S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,953.75 points, 0.02 percent lower than its previous close of 2,954.35.
- Sensex closes dull, IT, metal stocks lose (Second Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex closes below 20,000 points, ends on flat (Second Lead) - Dec 03, 2010
- Sensex zooms on US stimulus, diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 75 points; FMCG, consumer durables up (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rebounds to close with modest gains (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2010
- Markets plummet amid profit booking (Roundup) - Dec 17, 2008
- Indian equities markets dull amid negative Asian cues - Apr 19, 2011
- Sensex gives up opening highs - Nov 26, 2010
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 75 points, broader markets flat - Apr 11, 2011
- Sensex closes 68 points up (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Asian cues help Sensex rise 245 points in noon trade - Jan 17, 2012
- Sensex falls in afternoon trade (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Sensex slips in red; L&T;, Maruti Suzuki fall (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011