Equity markets flat in early tradeAugust 28th, 2008 - 12:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 28 (IANS) Indian equity markets, which opened lower Thursday, were flat in extremely choppy trade early in the day. Realty and PSU stocks were under selling pressure in initial trade.The 30-share benchmark index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the Sensex, opened with a loss of 6.82 points at 14,289.97. Ten minutes into trading, it was at 14,292.57 points, 4.22 points or 0.03 percent below its closing figure Wednesday.
However, at the same time the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange was trading at 4,293.90 with a gain of 1.80 points or 0.04 percent from its previous close.
The market breadth was positive. On BSE, 406 shares advanced, 258 declined and 37 remained unchanged.
Mahindra and Mahindra, HDFC Bank and Satyam computers were among the gainers while Hindalco, DLF and ITC were among the losers in initial trade.
Other Asian markets were also trading mixed.
- Sensex closes flat (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex flat in early trade - Feb 21, 2011
- Sensex choppy, broader markets gain (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Roundup) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex flat in early trade - Apr 29, 2011
- Sensex weak in early trade - Feb 03, 2011
- Sensex rises 31 points; oil and gas, PSU stocks up - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex closes in red (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex falls for third straight week on negative cues (Weekly Market Review) - May 12, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points up, at three-week high (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- Sensex closes in red on weak European cues (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012