Equity market still in red early afternoon (Lead)September 11th, 2008 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 11 (IANS) Indian equity markets continued to trade in the red Thursday afternoon. Realty, banking and capital goods stocks were under selling pressure. At 1:00 p.m., the 30-share benchmark index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the Sensex, was at 14,337.76 points, down 324.85 points or 2.22 percent from its closing figure Wednesday. It had touched a low of 14,287.54 points earlier Wednesday.
At the same time the broader based S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange was down by 111.90 points or 2.54 percent at 4,288.35.
The market breadth was negative. On BSE, 691 shares advanced, 1,750 declined and 84 remained unchanged.
- Day after rally, Sensex closes flat (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2012
- Sensex moves up in noon trade (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Indian stock markets closed Thursday - Oct 27, 2011
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 254 points higher (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 189 points lower (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex ends 111 points up; TCS, Wipro surge (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Sensex down 26.45 points on selling pressure - May 22, 2012
- Sensex tanks 238 points on poor Infosys growth outlook - Apr 13, 2012
- Sensex ruling dull in morning trade - Dec 14, 2010
- Sensex closes 467 points lower, FIIs step up selling (Roundup) - Jan 10, 2011
- Indian equities nudge higher in Diwali 'muhurat' trade - Oct 26, 2011
- Sensex down 204 points, Asian cues negative - Jan 10, 2011