Equities open strong but slip into redNovember 14th, 2008 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 14 (IANS) With US markets closing with gains overnight and Asian markets showing gains Friday morning, Indian equities markets opened strong Friday but began to slide with a key index down more than 150 points two hours into trading, revealing underlying nervousness, analysts said.Two hours into trading the 30-share benchmark sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 9,371.50, down 164.83 points or 1.73 percent from its previous close Wednesday at 9,536.33 points.
The Sensex opened strong at 9,799.25, up 262.92 points or 2.76 percent from its previous close Wednesday, hit a high of 9,836.11 but then began to slide to hit a low of 9,352.41 before inching up a bit to its current value.
The broader-based 50 share S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) also showed a similar trend and was ruling at 2818.65, down 29.8 points or 1.05 percent from its previous close Wednesday at 2848.45 points.
The BSE midcap index was ruling at 3,240.46, down 40.81 points or 1.24 percent from its previous close Wednesday at 3,281.27 points.
The BSE smallcap index was ruling at 3,787.50, down 25.88 points or 0.68 percent from its previous close Wednesday at 3,813.38 points.
- Sensex ends 150 points in the red (Second Lead) - Nov 14, 2008
- Equities in red, key index down 240 points (Lead) - Nov 14, 2008
- Equities end red, key index down 150 points (Second Lead) - Nov 14, 2008
- Key Indian equities index sheds 5.8 percent during week (Weekly roundup) - Nov 15, 2008
- Sensex holds on to gains, but slips from 18,000 - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex quiet in morning trade - Jan 04, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 40 points down on weak industrial data - Aug 09, 2012
- Profit booking continues at Indian markets - Feb 23, 2012
- Sensex slips 100 points; metal, telecom stocks slump - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex slips into red as IT stocks fall - Jan 12, 2012
- Sensex up 11 points in noon trade - May 09, 2012
- Sensex marginally down in afternoon trade (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Sensex in red in afternoon trade, consumer durables slip - Mar 28, 2012