Equities markets fall as they openDecember 29th, 2008 - 12:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 29 (IANS) Indian equities markets fell soon after the opening bell Monday with a key index falling about 1.09 percent from its previous close within about 15 minutes into trade.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened at 9,318.86 points, against Friday’s close at 9,328.92 points. Within 15 minutes, it fell further to 9,226.99 points, 101.93 points or 1.09 percent lower than its previous close.
At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader S&P CNX Nifty index followed the Sensex, falling 1.28 percent from its previous closing figure to be around 2,820.60 points at the same time.
The midcap and smallcap indices of the BSE also fell at opening.
- Sensex closes 189 points lower (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points; auto, IT stocks rally - May 29, 2012
- Sensex closes 244 points down as RBI rate cut hopes fade (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensex fluctuates wildly, now down 251 points (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Sensex closes 254 points lower (Second Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Sensex starts new year on positive note - Jan 03, 2011
- Sensex flat in early trade - Feb 21, 2011
- Bank stocks tank as hopes of RBI rate-cut fade away (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex dull in early trade - Jan 13, 2011
- Sensex weak in morning trade - Jan 14, 2011
- Markets erase early gains, Sensex in red (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Sensex weak in early trade - Feb 03, 2011
- Sensex tanks 244 points as RBI keeps rates unchanged (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensex posts first weekly fall in 2012; slumps 366 points (Weekly market review) - Feb 25, 2012